Be warned, this release is likely to be amusingly buggy. Whether or not that's a good thing depends on how much you enjoy watching me scramble about like a lemur on fire trying to keep up with the necessary hotfixes. And let's face it, of course you do, that's hilarious. You bastards.
- several fatal crashes have been fixed (‘System.OutOfMemoryException’, ‘CladeDiagram.CollideBranches’, ‘UIManager.Paused_Export_Update’),
- the method for addressing problems when the game is minimised or graphics card is lost has been improved,
- built-in troubleshooting for some start-up problems (running from the zip file, running from Program Files, running on computer with unsupported graphics card) has been added
- Procedural texturing: creatures now have different top, side and underbelly textures, giving them a more distinct appearance and more recognisable body covers.
- Custom textures: beaks, claws, teeth and mouths now have their own (appropriately horrifying) textures, blended into the triplanar texturing.
- Fur: Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, but the creature’s in Species do now. And they find bear meat tasty.
- Water reflections: They only reflect the skybox, but they significantly improve the appearance of the game nonetheless.
- A new Species ALRE logo. Now with infinity% more cladeogram and cycad leaf.
- Adjusted Tree Shaders make better use of dark greys and oranges, meaning trees have more colour variety and look more natural.
- An improved wasteland texture.
- Fixed that weird blue shading on trees when you pause the game (it still happens on grass).
- Body coverings: fur, feathers, scales and skins. Also squid skin, toad warts, echidna spines and human forearms (ewwww…).
- Leg shapes: from 6 in 0.6.0 to 20, meaning a much greater variety of knee shapes.
- Heads: a number of additions (and of course, the existing heads had to be adjusted to provide beak and mouth textures and fur polygons).
- A selection of the Body Part Voting Competition head types.
- Added an "Indirect" rover drive mode to the game options. Seriously, try it out. It's hilariously broken.