0.8.0 Development Thread

Announcements and infodumps from the Species dev team.
Ewery1

Re: 0.8.0 Development Thread

Post by Ewery1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Quasar wrote:It's 2015. Happy arbitrary increment of time unit, One And All.

Also happy arbitrary forum post count for me. In the immortal words of Randall Munroe: "Wow - just 24 to go until a big round-number milestone!"

I'm reaching the end of my break, and making a new years resolution to return to regular development work (as well as forum and blog maintenance), starting tomorrow.

Blog posting will also resume tomorrow, I have a post I wrote weeks ago ready to go. Prior warning: I wrote it with a different persona, attempted to re-write it with my usual persona, gave up and called it done, so it's a bit weird. Which is to say, probably less weird than my usual, because this persona isn't completely batshit and doesn't own an Orbital EMP Cannon*. Which is... exactly what makes it weird? Well, that and the third-person self-deprecation. Does it count as self-deprecation if I'm using a fictional character to do it? I'm sure there's a trope for that.

Oh nevermind, you'll see for yourself. Brace for weirdness.

*footnote: she just works there.
Yay, I'm so excited to hear that the blog is starting up again! Also, happy arbitrary post number/date!
- Your local Red Panda with way too much power
Yasahiro wrote:Then improve the amphibity.... It's a word now, I made it.
Join my new classic competition game!

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Woohoo! I is so heppeee!!
"Always trust Greeks bearing gifts. Your friendly neighborhood psycopath might be that gift."
-AΘE22
Tiberius wrote: Friendocracy? Obviously an incredibly alien and classist society. Down with the Charismatic Elite!!! Friends for Everyone!!!

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Quasar wrote:It's 2015. Happy arbitrary increment of time unit, One And All.

Also happy arbitrary forum post count for me. In the immortal words of Randall Munroe: "Wow - just 24 to go until a big round-number milestone!"

I'm reaching the end of my break, and making a new years resolution to return to regular development work (as well as forum and blog maintenance), starting tomorrow.

Blog posting will also resume tomorrow, I have a post I wrote weeks ago ready to go. Prior warning: I wrote it with a different persona, attempted to re-write it with my usual persona, gave up and called it done, so it's a bit weird. Which is to say, probably less weird than my usual, because this persona isn't completely batshit and doesn't own an Orbital EMP Cannon*. Which is... exactly what makes it weird? Well, that and the third-person self-deprecation. Does it count as self-deprecation if I'm using a fictional character to do it? I'm sure there's a trope for that.

Oh nevermind, you'll see for yourself. Brace for weirdness.

*footnote: she just works there.
Happy 8th post! Let's look forward to many more!

also i wanna see this new person i hope they have a bigger orbital emp cannon

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Things.

http://speciesdevblog.wordpress.com/201 ... e-level-4/

May is basically a fictionalization of the persona I drop into when debating folk online: relentlessly logical and polite, but not particularly assertive. Generally somewhere between Spock, Kif and Zhu Lee, but also sarcastic when annoyed.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 pm

So let me get this straight, now child – parent cannibalism is incentivized? Well that's quite wonderful!
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Natural_20

Post by Natural_20 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm

20 characters! wrote:So let me get this straight, now child – parent cannibalism is incentivized? Well that's quite wonderful!
At least until he gets the anti-cannibalism genes working right. It's usually not a good evolutionary strategy to eat your nearest and dearest, as it results in a high mortality rate for creatures with those genes.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Natural_20 wrote:
20 characters! wrote:So let me get this straight, now child – parent cannibalism is incentivized? Well that's quite wonderful!
At least until he gets the anti-cannibalism genes working right. It's usually not a good evolutionary strategy to eat your nearest and dearest, as it results in a high mortality rate for creatures with those genes.
I know, I was trying to be sarcastic, but this being the Internet it's kind of hard to notice.
youtubeuserSara3346
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
ImageImageImage

Vikingking

Post by Vikingking » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 am

On one hand, I succeeded in putting my mental image of May on paper. On the other hand, I gave a sterling example of why I shouldn't have inflicted the same on poor Quasar...
Attachments
Test Nr.238, will a Primum Specium tank a lightning bolt....png
No, but it will however make a sound somewhere between a dying rabbit and a vuvuzela.
Test Nr.238, will a Primum Specium tank a lightning bolt....png (56.82 KiB) Viewed 2990 times

Silly Otter

Post by Silly Otter » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:48 am

Vikingking wrote:On one hand, I succeeded in putting my mental image of May on paper. On the other hand, I gave a sterling example of why I shouldn't have inflicted the same on poor Quasar...
+1
The dragons where conscripted
20 characters! wrote:GUARDS, TAKE HIM TO THE FLUFFY BUNNY CHAMBER!

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:06 am

I think this may have been the first piece fanart to depict quasar!

This incident is still not as memorable as the time his orbital station flooded with black mana venom though.
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage