Game doesn't launch

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
zephdragon

Game doesn't launch

Post by zephdragon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:22 am

Just bought/installed this game via Steam, but it won't launch. I click "play" and nothing happens. Task manager shows nothing running or opening.

I've "Verified integrity" of the game files and uninstalled/reinstalled several times, rebooted several times, updated all drivers, tried to download some "xna" thing, also downloaded the "3.5" net framework but it doesn't seem to want to install or run on my computer.
I even disabled cortana again, had to do that for some games before.
Disabled all antivirus/malware blocker stuff, no change.

I'm on windows 10.
Anything else I can do?
I can't extract the game file to a different location, steam doesn't give an option and just puts it where it wants, and when I try to move the files they disappear.
Not sure what else to do to make the game run.

Guineapig004

Re: Game doesn't launch

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:53 am

I'm not really sure what's going on, the best course of action would be to get into direct contact with Quasar. Please note that I'm not part of development team, just giving a suggestion.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Quasar
Site Admin

Re: Game doesn't launch

Post by Quasar » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:09 am

The only issue I'm aware of that matches these symptoms is one that pops up when Monogame can't connect to an available audio device.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/774541/d ... 096492829/

Try changing your audio output, plugging in headphones and checking that your audio drivers are up to date.