The game is trying to get into Quasars' documents.

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
MrKyurem

The game is trying to get into Quasars' documents.

Post by MrKyurem » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Species.Game1.ProfileOptions.SetProfileOptionsFromFile(String gameOptionsFilepath) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Prototype\Species_2013-07-02 (0.6.0 Hotfix 7)\Species\UI\GameOptions.cs:line 159
at Species.Game1.Initialize() in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Prototype\Species_2013-07-02 (0.6.0 Hotfix 7)\Species\Game1.cs:line 431
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Species.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Prototype\Species_2013-07-02 (0.6.0 Hotfix 7)\Species\Program.cs:line 17

Neovenator

Re: The game is trying to get into Quasars' documents.

Post by Neovenator » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:56 pm

I noticed that too. I assumed, though, that it changes it on the script for the purposes of ease and privacy.

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 pm

If it's crashing it may be a missed case where it's not though.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:11 am

Not a problem: that's deliberate. Those file paths are debug environment information I'm deliberately distributing in the pdb file in the root folder. I don't much care about the filepaths, but the line numbers are invaluable for debug purposes.

As for the error itself, are you trying to run the game without extracting it first? Or running it from the Download folder?

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Quasar wrote:Not a problem: that's deliberate. Those file paths are debug environment information I'm deliberately distributing in the pdb file in the root folder. I don't much care about the filepaths, but the line numbers are invaluable for debug purposes.

As for the error itself, are you trying to run the game without extracting it first? Or running it from the Download folder?
I moved it a while ago and it's working fine now.