How to install? (Can't unzip?)

A place to talk about the simulation: dicuss how it works and what it does, and share what you've discovered.
Marsifo

How to install? (Can't unzip?)

Post by Marsifo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Hey, I'd really appreciate some help installing this game. I downloaded the alpha 6.0 and when I opened it I was brought to the unzipping program but I couldn't unzip anything. A step-by-step would be appreciated.

Quasar
Site Admin

Re: How to install? (Can't unzip?)

Post by Quasar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi Marsifo,

Windows should be able to extract the game fairly easily. here's how:

1. Right click the zip file in Windows Explorer
2. In the right click menu, find the option "WinZip => Extract"
3. In the dialog, specify C:\Species\ as your install location.
4. Navigate to C:\Species\
5. Run Species.exe from there
6. ???
7. Profit!

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:16 am

Where is the zip file? I know this must be a stupid question, but I am very confused... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
"Always trust Greeks bearing gifts. Your friendly neighborhood psycopath might be that gift."
-AΘE22
Tiberius wrote: Friendocracy? Obviously an incredibly alien and classist society. Down with the Charismatic Elite!!! Friends for Everyone!!!

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:16 am

AOE22 wrote:Where is the zip file? I know this must be a stupid question, but I am very confused... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Ok it likes like a folder but with a zipper going down EDIT: welp misread your post it should be in downloads unless you put it somewhere else.
Last edited by AngerDomeAble on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 am

AOE22 wrote:Where is the zip file? I know this must be a stupid question, but I am very confused... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Where you downloaded it, this will usually be in your Downloads folder.

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for the advice... trying to figure it out.lol
"Always trust Greeks bearing gifts. Your friendly neighborhood psycopath might be that gift."
-AΘE22
Tiberius wrote: Friendocracy? Obviously an incredibly alien and classist society. Down with the Charismatic Elite!!! Friends for Everyone!!!

illdeletethis

Post by illdeletethis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:20 pm

AOE22 wrote:Thanks for the advice... trying to figure it out.lol
usually while and after downloading you see the file somewhere in your browser
(opera on a downloads tab, firefox in a dropdown when clicking the arrow right from the search bar, chrome and internet explorer on the bottom of the page)
also your browser should have a main menu from which you can access a tab with previous downloads
if you doubleclick from either it opens with the programme that is set as the standard for the filetype on your computer
for zip files winrar is ideal (indefinite free trial of the full programme)

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:14 pm

I went to t... I did not see any "winzip", or whatever the exact thing was.... but I did see a thing that said "extract all". I tried that, and it showed me an unzipped copy of the same thing. I went into the folder and clicked on the one actually titled species(with the sausage creature icon)... and it gave me a "publisher cant be verified screen. I ran it anyway... but then it gave me an error screen that said Species ALRE had stopped working almost immediately afterwards... I don't get what I've done wrong...
-AΘE22

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Do you have a pc it is not lunix or max compatiable
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

AngerDomeAble wrote:Do you have a pc it is not lunix or max compatiable
Yes, its a PC. Windows 7...
-AΘE22