Round 2: Marine Creatures

Spread the word, and vote for a new body part to see in Species 0.7.0 every fortnight!

What body part do you most want to see in 0.7.0?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:06 am

Baleen Whale
31%
Hammerhead
31%
Swordfish
8%
Deepsea Toothy
31%

Total votes: 49

Neovenator

Re: Round 2

Post by Neovenator » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 pm

White parrot wrote:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
I made a huge mistake, didn't I ? :shock:
-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-noIamperfectlyhappy-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 am

Oh man, now I'm not sure what to do. I had thought some sort of tie-breaker would be appropriate so as not to set any dangerous precendents, but now you're all gonna be disappointed if I don't blend them, aren't you?

You know what, I think we earned it this time. 5364 visitors this fornight, almost a full thousand more than last fortnight. So congratulations, this rounds winner is the Lord Of Extinction head type! Yaaay hideous nightmares!

And I suddenly suspect every future BPVCT is gonna end in a tie.

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:57 am

Hooray!

I wondering how this head is going to emerge in the mutation map. Hmm, are any of the intermediate stages going to come close to one of the earth forms? I mean the LoE head is cool, reminds me of a basking shark with fanglyness but it also loose some of the distinctness of the individual parts.

sylverone

Post by sylverone » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 am

Well, I've noticed at least that the current heads in the game seem to have some smooth variance built into them; the beak can be either short and blunt or long and pointy (and maybe I saw one where the top part of the beak was longer than the bottom), the "chin" can be various sizes on one of the other heads, and I've seen both ordinary shark-type heads, and ones with strange chin extensions.

Now, maybe some or all of these are actually discreet head types - I'm still new to the program and may be misinterpreting what I saw or think I saw.

Anyhow, my point is that if there is currently some dynamic variance of features within one head type, then the "lord of extinction" head could just be a head with a few different tween dimensions that could be a hammerhead, a baleen, or a toothy, or various mixtures. If that is how it works. But that's just one idea, and might not be best.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm

There's also the fact that, as a Magic : the Gathering card illustration, the LoE is the intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast. :? We should tread lightly !
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

5 points of difference, fair use, and so on. The fact it's in a totally different medium goes a long way.

Actually the MOST questionable activity would be the direct post by Quasar on the blog since it could be considered an unnessicary use of the origin for monetary gain. Of course they have to be pretty bored to both over that.

PikPikPlaysSPECIES

Re: Round 2: Marine Creatures

Post by PikPikPlaysSPECIES » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:21 am

C'mon guys baleen whale head for the win!! :lol:

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:07 pm

PikPikPlaysSPECIES wrote:C'mon guys baleen whale head for the win!! :lol:
sorry just one year late for the party.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Kaden

Post by Kaden » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 am

Please win hammerhead :roll:

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:15 am

Kaden wrote:Please win hammerhead :roll:
The voting is already over.

There was a tie the fused three of the heads into one.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage