Round 5: Runners up

Spread the word, and vote for a new body part to see in Species 0.7.0 every fortnight!

Which runner-up do you most want to see in 0.7.0

Poll ended at Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 am

Zoidberg Tentacles
26%
Butterfly Probiscus
6%
Caterpiller face
6%
Tailed Emperor Caterpillar Head
26%
Therizinosaurus Hand
35%

Total votes: 31

AnarchCassius

Re: Round 5

Post by AnarchCassius » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 am

Hmm, speaking of caterpillars I have to burst everyone's bubble... but that isn't a Dryas

This is a Dryas Image

This link seems to be the source of confusion, note that it describes the Dryas, not what is shown. :?

http://mystery.bf-1.com/mystery_alien/1 ... aterpillar

The little horned beauty we've been calling a Dryas is tailed emperor caterpillar. Though the Dryas is cute in it's own right. Reminds of the ones I would catch and make pets of as a child. By pets I mean keeping them in leaved boxes in the yard til they got away or I forget and taking them for rides on my toy tractor. That part probably terrified them if they were even aware of it.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am

AnarchCassius wrote:Hmm, speaking of caterpillars I have to burst everyone's bubble... but that isn't a Dryas

This is a Dryas Image

This link seems to be the source of confusion, note that it describes the Dryas, not what is shown. :?

http://mystery.bf-1.com/mystery_alien/1 ... aterpillar

The little horned beauty we've been calling a Dryas is tailed emperor caterpillar. Though the Dryas is cute in it's own right. Reminds of the ones I would catch and make pets of as a child. By pets I mean keeping them in leaved boxes in the yard til they got away or I forget and taking them for rides on my toy tractor. That part probably terrified them if they were even aware of it.
Well you just gave us all the red pill without the choice of the blue one.
Last edited by AngerDomeAble on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:51 am

Sorry, I figured in a mostly scientific forum the truth had to come out.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Noooooo wait this is good. Science revises it's opinions, so we should too :).

This was my mistake, I did a google search for the image and I guess I didn't do enough fact checking to make sure I had the right name.

"Tailed emperor caterpillar", then? Cool. I'll update it's name in the poll.

mw3modderman

Post by mw3modderman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Quasar wrote:Noooooo wait this is good. Science revises it's opinions, so we should too :).

This was my mistake, I did a google search for the image and I guess I didn't do enough fact checking to make sure I had the right name.

Science.. Mience.. who cares, life so meaningless and depressing.

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:05 pm

mw3modderman wrote:
Quasar wrote:Noooooo wait this is good. Science revises it's opinions, so we should too :).

Science.. Mience.. who cares, life so meaningless and depressing.
As someone who's been through depression, don't EVER speak about depression again. Depression =/= having a tough week or being sad. Depression doesn't even make you sad.

Back on track, now that I think about it, I might go for the caterpillar. Eh, at the moment, i'll stick with hands.