Round 6: Dinosaurs

Spread the word, and vote for a new body part to see in Species 0.7.0 every fortnight!

What body part do you most want to see in 0.7.0?

Parasaurolophus Crest
21%
Styracosaurus Crown
53%
Pachycephalosaurus Skullcap
13%
Ankylosaurus Side-Horns
13%

Total votes: 38

Quasar
Site Admin

Round 6: Dinosaurs

Post by Quasar » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm

ZRB

Re: Round 6

Post by ZRB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Styracosaurus would make some interesting creatures.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 pm

I considered Ankylosaurus side-horns and Styracosaurus crown, then I remembered that horns can already appear almost anywhere on heads -so Ankylosaurus has a small chance to be replicated spontaneously, which is not the case of Styracosarus.
So Styracosaurus it is !
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 am

I just liked how the crown looked. Also assuming I am correct this is not in the blog.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:33 pm

I am terrible at picking how these are gonna go. Thus far I haven't voted for a single winning part, and it looks like I'm not gonna get my Parasaurolophus Crest this time around either. :D

Obscerno

Post by Obscerno » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 am

I picked the Parasaurolophus Crest, because I swear I've seen something along the lines of a Styracosaurus Crown appearing in the game at some point... but that might have just been in a dream I had... or like, a triangular head shape that I extrapolated in my imagination (I don't even know if that's possible in the game, it was probably just the dream thing). :?

AnarchCassius

Post by AnarchCassius » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:28 am

Technically approximations can appear but the parts would add new variety.We don't actually have a squat spike like an ankylosaur horn. I also don't think we have too many heads with slots in the styracosaur or ankylosaur position. Or any with the exact crest. So each would add something new.

For me this was hard since I had to choose between dinosaurs but ceratopsians have been my favorites for ages. Besides with just the crest and a few transisitions you could get a bunch of different ones besides styracosaurus. Really though I haven't yet seen a part suggested that I haven't wanted to mod in eventually :)

mw3modderman

Post by mw3modderman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 am

AnarchCassius wrote:Technically approximations can appear but the parts would add new variety.We don't actually have a squat spike like an ankylosaur horn. I also don't think we have too many heads with slots in the styracosaur or ankylosaur position. Or any with the exact crest. So each would add something new.

For me this was hard since I had to choose between dinosaurs but ceratopsians have been my favorites for ages. Besides with just the crest and a few transisitions you could get a bunch of different ones besides styracosaurus. Really though I haven't yet seen a part suggested that I haven't wanted to mod in eventually :)
dido.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 am

Quasar wrote:I am terrible at picking how these are gonna go. Thus far I haven't voted for a single winning part, and it looks like I'm not gonna get my Parasaurolophus Crest this time around either. :D
Look on the bright side, seems its will be back for grabs in round 10
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.