Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by BakedToast » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

OOC: Still waiting on Asura, but I wanted to forewarn you all that this coming week is going to be very busy for me. Don’t expect a turn report this week unless I get lucky and end up with some free time.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm
Just waiting on Asura.
Last edited by BakedToast on Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:34 am

The Asura family will appoint Maruki the captain of the Asuran Guard as the new elder of the Asura.

Maruki Decisions:
1. I believe that this moment, this is a very needed law to remove the pesky rats that plague our village.
2. We must hunt down the people that are responsible for the mass burning of our beloved village and should be put to death.
3. I believe that the mines should allow going to the most experienced miners can only go to the Eastern Mines, anyone else shouldn’t go at all.

I would like to propose a new law to deal with increased amounts of crimes. I suggest any criminals caught with their first crime should have their hands cut off to allow them to never do their crimes ever done as a fair warning against anyone that tries to danger the innocent.
Acts of the Month:

Xijin will like to set down from his ruling power as the leader of the Asura just to spend more time with his family and is sick from the power that he has in his hands. Xijin with the help of Estraila and Xing to appoint a member of the Asura as the new leader next month.

The Asuran Guards will continue their hunt on the stolen valuables as they will use the prior collected information to hunts down the criminals and to get back their stolen goods.

The Asuran farmers will continue their training in different farming techniques to ensure better output of food for everyone in Frye.

Airi will repeat her magical training from last month but she will bring a wooden knife and an apple to become better with the skills of magic by cutting herself and try to heal herself by using the life of the apple to possible improve her own magic.

The shoemaker will try to make boots that will help miners in the mines to possible increase their safety while mining.

Maruki will try to open up the hiring of new guards in the village to see who wants to train under the Asura.

The Asuran families that have lost their members can mourn for their deaths and will receive less work than needed for this month.

Funeral Speech:
“As the former leader of the Asura, I as a person is deeply saddened by the deaths of some of the proud people that have served our everyone here well. This is why I have decided to step down as the leader of the Asura as I have seemed that I’m not worthy for the power that is the family leader anymore.”
“With this news of my stepping down as the Asura leader, I will describe that all of the Asuran guards, miners, and Jookun that have died in that accursed mine were very good people with families that will no longer see the faces of their fathers that have died for their cause to help the village. Our own home that we so hard trying to make it into a better place that we can properly see the future of our own children having a wonderous life as adults with their own families to set upon the foundation as the people of the present should create for future generations to see as the great village of Frye to required.”

After Xijin has made his speech, he puts his own sword that was gifted from Xing into the ground as a sign of a better tomorrow for the future generations that Frye should set upon.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Thus the Ninth Month draws to its end. Much has transpired in this month. A month of recovery, but also a month of turmoil. What shall become of all the ventures that are going on in Frye? Read below...

The Elders have discussed the Current issues, and their results are recorded here.

Elforche has nominated Erris, half-brother of Elamon, as their Elder nominee.
Tannell has nominated Natoole, brother of Javen, to the village Elders.
Asura has nominated Maruki, Asuran captain of the guard, to the village Elders.
The U'debbhaian church has nominated Loforz, the church treasurer, to be their nominee.

1. Allow Elder-backed house searches without prejudice, yes or no?
Erris: I don't think this law is necessary. The guards can already search the houses of criminals. Elders and powerful families are not common street criminals.
Natoole: Yes, equality and truth for all. This is what Javen would have wanted.
Fenris: Yes, although the homes of elders should be exempt.
Maruki: I believe that this moment, this is a very needed law to remove the pesky rats that plague our village.
Bouhe: Yes, everyone needs to be subject to the same laws.
Loforz: Yes, but religious leaders of the U'debbhaian church should be exempt.
Final Vote: The consensus after long discussion was that the law will be passed, with a few exceptions to the rule. Homes of the Elders themselves are exempt from this law, unless an official majority vote from the council of Elders is passed at an official meeting concerning whether or not the house of the targeted Elder can be searched.

2. What shall the Elders do about the Evidence that Bouhe has laid forth?
Erris: We should investigate this as thoroughly as possible. Whoever has been behind all the fires of the last years needs to be severely punished and disgraced. Use whatever funds and whatever means necessary to discover the vandals and their destructive leadership.
Natoole: The family of Tannell offers to try to identify the members of the cloaked group. There seems to be more secrets to be found, and Tannell are the ones to do it.
Fenris: This should be reported to the count and left for him to deal with. The crime isn't the business of Frye.
Maruki: We must hunt down the people that are responsible for the mass burning of our beloved village and should be put to death.
Bouhe: I think we should all work on figuring out who started the fires. I have more evidence found this month, here it is. [Presents evidence]
Loforz: Crime cannot be allowed to go unpunished. We must follow these leads.
Final Vote: Every Elder, except Fenris, supports investigating the details further. Some funds are sent to Bouhe to compensate for their past efforts in investigation, and Tannell is also paid some funds up front to facilitate further investigation into the assaults on Frye. All the Elders are offered similar compensation if they can come up with evidence for the next monthly meeting or, even better, catch those responsible.

3. What shall we do with the Eastern mines?
Erris: The mines should be returned to be property of Elforche. We had them running safely all this time. We are willing to bid large amounts of money to secure it back.
Natoole: Close them! They are far too dangerous!
Fenris: Auction the mine to the highest bidder. No doubt anyone interested in running the mine would be willing to ensure it's safety.
Maruki: I believe that the mines should allow going to the most experienced miners can only go to the Eastern Mines, anyone else shouldn’t go at all.
Bouhe: Considering the Eastern Mines are unsafe, the mine should be closed off to prevent more deaths.
Loforz: The mine should be auctioned off to the highest bidder, with the second highest bidder co-owning and co-managing the mine.
Final Vote: The vote was close. The accidents in the mines were nothing to be scoffed at, and the mines are quite dangerous. However, with three of the Elders voting for an auction, and a fourth opting for a more neutral vote which could be construed as an auction-supporting vote, the Elders have made the decision to auction the mine to the highest bidder. The money generated from the auction will be added to the coffers of the Elders, for use in village-benefiting projects. The auction will take place publicly at the end of the coming month; anyone is open to bid on the mines.
Cisse, our Bailiff, has read the letters of the powerful families and has responded accordingly.
Lew:
Many have died during an accident while investigating the Eastern Mines. As a result, we are voting to close them off. Also, we found a dagger of steel near one of the crime scenes, we can show you the evidence we have accumulated for who may have started the fires.

Tannell:
Greetings Cisse, The family of Tannell is still mourning the loss of our wise leader Javen. This has brought to our attention the severe lack of safety precautions in our workplaces. It would be appreciated if you helped supply the man-power to make sure our buildings are designed properly.

Ferran:
Cisse, A group of criminals from the old docks sent us a letter claiming to have kidnapped Nola demanding ransom, when we sent down some members of our family to comply they attacked and kidnapped one of them and are now demanding twice as much. We asked Asura to help us save our family, but we fear they may not be enough.

Asura:
[No Letter Was Written]

Elforche:
Our Venerable Bailiff,
After the mines were ruthlessly seized from our productive labour, the Village Elders further sabotaged the mines, causing them to be unsafe to all. Elforche has experience dealing with mine structures and situations, and if we are granted permission to reacquire the mines, we can ensure that they will once again be not only safe, but also quite productive and lucrative. Our previous offer still stands, with you receiving a 50% tax on all profits from the mines.

Cisse has decided, due to the large number of complaints, that he will need to visit Frye once again in the coming month. He will be bringing along two detachments of the Count's soldiers, one of which will be offered to aid Ferran in their predicament, while the other detachment will be used to aid Tannell in inspecting and potentially repairing structural issues in various buildings around Frye. Cisse himself will take up residence with the Lew family, to hear more from them about what they think is going on. Cisse also plans to arrive with one of the Count's treasurers, who will be privately visiting the Elforche family.

The powerful families have done much this past month:
Tannell: -Murderous Report- 40
While Count Ashet accepts their information, he is not very impressed with Tannell's meddling after they were taken off the case. They are not compensated for their efforts with any funds. The Count sends a detachment of soldiers with one of his spies to the village of Shaake to investigate the leads given by Tannell.

Tannell: -Code Cracking- 5
Unfortunately, the code doesn't seem to follow any traditional methods of code writing. Tannell's investigators are stumped, and at a loss for how to break the code. However, disaster strikes when one of them leaves the code paper too near a candle one-night, and a small spark lands on the dry-poop-encrusted note, which begins to burst into flame. A small corner of the note was salvaged, which contained half of the signature of the Bailiff of Shaake; nothing else was retained.

Tannell: -Cloak and Dagger- 34
The investigators of Tannell unfortunately have very little to go off of in terms of information; the area is a non-descript alleyway near one of the now-rebuilt houses that had been burned. Nothing else of note is learned.

Tannell: -Great Gourmet- 6
Disaster strikes the Eloquent Oak as one of the chefs attempts an exotic dish called "Rat Flambe", in which a live rat is lit on fire and then eaten with parsnips and radishes. One of the flaming rats managed to escape and run out into the main dining hall of the Eloquent Oak, starting a small fire on one of the exquisite carpets and frightening many patrons. The patrons were horrified by the idea of eating a live burning rat and many of them left the establishment immediately. The fire was thankfully contained, but only after large portions of the inn were heavily scorched and ruined. Repairs will need to take place before the Eloquent Oak can be open for services again; The Eloquent Oak's reputation drops heavily.

Tannell: -Decrepit Dig- 92
Clearing away more of the earthen mound covering the structure, the explorers find a very valuable discovery! A large, almost perfectly preserved room, with an opening on each side of the pyre-like structure, with very little dirt or remains clogging the room itself, has been uncovered. The entrances to the room, just like the top room, seem to be too short for an average person; the explorers have to crouch and crawl to get into the room. The room appears to be some sort of low-ceiling ceremonial room, and has a circular structure in the center, almost like a stage, made of large seashell-like bones. In one corner of the room are several large storage chests, which contain worn tapestries, ancient pieces of jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, and an ornate bejeweled golden figurine which seems to depict some kind of short bird-man holding a spear. In another corner lies a collection of large pots, in which is mostly dust and a few very well preserved skeletal remains. The remains resemble those of the odd creatures whose remains were uncovered in the Eastern Mines. There appears to be a stairwell leading deeper into the building, into areas where the outside has not yet been exposed by the explorers, but it is blocked by collapsed rubble from part of the ceiling, which appears to have structural problems. What Tannell does with this information is up to them.

Ferran: -House Construction- 66
With construction of the wall of Frye still underway, progress on the houses is slow, but not impossible. Where the wall was yet un-built, it was expanded to allow room for Ferran's new project; houses built into the walls of Frye. These houses should be quite structurally sound and fire-resistant, due to FERRAN STONEWORK WHICH WILL NEVER BURN DOWN. The first several houses will hopefully be completed by the end of next month.

Ferran: -Asuran Aid- 38
The delegates of Ferran sent to Asura are visiting at a bad time for Asura. With recent loss and the stepping down of their leader, the Asurans don't take kindly to being asked for help with no promise of compensation. However, they didn't directly say they wouldn't help either. Ferran awaits an official response directly from Asura on this matter, hopefully in the coming month.

Lew: Hospitalizations- 62
The injured take kindly to Lew's gesture, and Lew's gesture increases. Unfortunately, not very many doctors have been hired by Ferran to work in the hospital, and the family members they have delegated as hospital staff are no doctors. The patients do not fare well.

Lew: -Histrionics- 83
While in Donu, the Lew delegates stumble across a hooded man who claims to know much about the world and the universe itself due to a life-altering experience. While he refuses to remove his hood and bandanna [he claims to be heavily disfigured], he promises that if hired as a teacher he will do his best to teach the mysteries of the universe to the pupils under his care. The members of Lew feel a cold sensation of fear from this man, but also a hope that he may be the teacher they are looking for. What Lew does with this knowledge is up to them.

Lew: -Shuidri Secrecy- 26
The Lew woman, Bryanna, who approached some of the Shuidri who were still free and spoke to their hosts during their sleep, so that the Shuidri could hear them. This involved some sneaking around Frye at night, and sneaking into villagers' houses to do this. Unfortunately, none of the Shuidri left their current host to communicate with Bryanna, so she has no way to be sure if they accepted or even understood her request. Leaving one of the villagers' houses, she was spotted by an Asuran guard who arrested her and put her in custody. So far, her true identity has not been discovered; the guards believe her to be a common thief.

Lew: -Fiery Forays- 82
During their investigation, Lew investigators stumble across a fine-furred hooded cloak in a general store that seems to almost perfectly match the torn cloak piece they found in the alleyways with the dagger. In fact, the hooded cloak they find even has a missing piece torn off of it. When inquiring the store owner, he reports he bought it from some rough-looking customers for a hefty price. They had claimed it belonged to a deceased member of nobility, of whom they were heirs. While the store owner doubted this story, he wasn't about to turn down such a nice prize. For an outrageous price, he sells the hooded cloak to the Lew investigators. There is still some mud spots on the hem of the cloak, that look like the riverbed mud that can be found near the old docks.

Lew: -Animal Analytics- 15
A medicine man in Shaake claims to have the solution to curing all the animals, for a hefty price. Lew agrees and takes this man to their animal farm, where he makes a mixture of herbs that he has with him and gives it to the animals. They will all get better soon, and they won't feel a thing, he tells them. He leaves them with his satchel of herbs and goes back to Shaake. Several days later, most of the animals die of food poisoning. A closer look at the herbs reveals them to be poisonous leaves from an exotic plant that is difficult to find. Lew's animals are almost all dead now, only having three foxes and four deer left. The more domestic animals were hardier and are still doing more or less okay.

Asura: -Xijin's Resignation- 92
Thankfully, every takes Xijin's resignation very well, and allow him to step back from the forefront of family affairs to be with Lenora and Rasu. Xijin has a retiring ceremony where the leading members of Asura all wish him well and present him with gifts on this auspicious opening to this new chapter of his life. Lenora is overjoyed that Xijin has more time to spend with her and their child. They take a diplomatic retreat to the town of Traye for a week, where they have an enjoyable time seeing the sights and buying oddities at the town market, and spend an afternoon hunting with Cisse. They return home to a happy family.

Asura: -Jewelry Thieves- 63
On one fateful evening, a group of heavily armed Asuran guards bust open the doors of the Indigo Ibex, swords drawn, and storm to the corner of the room where Mace and his gang are situated. Mace quickly draws a large morningstar, trademark of his name, and his cronies wield cudgels and daggers; a wild fight ensues. Tables and furniture are smashed and bashed to pieces, drinks and food are overturned, and all the other patrons in the dining hall of the Indigo Ibex join in on the wild fray. After all, no one gets away with knocking over someone's drink. The patrons take sides at random, attacking anyone they can. Mace and his thugs, while fearsome, are not military-trained like Asura's guards; most of the thugs are slain or mortally wounded quite quickly, except for Mace, who crushes the skulls of several helmeted Asuran guards and a few patrons with his massive morningstar, busting his way out of a glass window and onto the street. The Asuran guards retreat after this, leaving the remainder of the patrons to fight it out amongst themselves. As they head onto the street, Mace is nowhere to be seen, but many witnesses give the Asuran guards directions to the old docks where Mace was seen running off to. A search of the docks proves mainly futile, but they do find one of the necklaces that was stolen from them laving in the mud of the riverbed. The Indigo Ibex dining area is trashed, and will need to be repaired.

Asura: -Farming Forays- 26
Due to it being the month of harvest, most of the crops have been harvested and gathered into barns. Now is not a good a time to practice farming techniques; the soil is becoming cold, and the leaves are beginning to fall from the trees.

Asura: -Mumbo Jumbo- 7
Somehow, Asura continues to put up with Airi's teenage fantasies rather than employing her current abilities. In the forest, Airi cuts herself with a wooden knife, and applies a mashed-up apple poultice to the wounds. The wounds grow yellow and putrid, and extremely painful. The feral foxes roaming the forest don't prove to be any benefit either. Airi returns to Frye with many infected wounds and fox bites, and collapses at the doors of the Asuran family estate. She is not dead, but is severely wounded and ill, and could die in the coming month...

Asura: -Minecrafting- 84
The boots that the Truceful Mule produces receive positive feedback from those working in Kryne's mine, and thus the prospective buyers of the Eastern Mines have heard of the boots and are very interested in purchasing large quantities of boots for their upcoming laborers. Word gets around, and commoners are also flocking to the Truceful Mule to get a pair of these reliable boots. Asura makes a solid amount of revenue from this venture.

Asura: -Open Hiring- 71
Due to recent events, many commoners are looking to avenge the injustices going on around Frye, and the recruitment office set up by Maruki is quickly swarming with eager recruits for the Village Guard. These recruits will need to be paid, fed, equipped, and trained. Their equipment they will receive and the training they will have is up to Asura.
Funeral Ceremony:
(Speeches: Tannell-58, Ferran-50, Lew-68, Asura-59, Elforche-32, U'debbhaian-83, Dabalian-86, Northe-69, Armanus-85)
On a gloomy day, commoners and family members alike assemble in the village square to perform a formal memorial for all those who died in the mine accident. Natoole, a new nominee to the village Elders, opens the ceremony by making a short eulogy of those who died in the accident and what good they had done for the village during their lives. Few eyes remain dry as he speaks of each Elder passionately. The crowd murmurs in agreement when Natoole speaks of the unsafe work spaces, and how Cisse has been notified of the incident.
A member of Ferran also steps up to make a short sentiment about the sadness of the event, and how we must ensure that such a thing doesn't happen again. The crowd nods in agreement.
Lew, while not expressing a lot of sentiment, puts forward that they have suggested to close off the mines. This gets a mixed response with the crowd, as they begin to mumble quietly to each other. However, they grow more uneasy when Lew brings forth the steel dagger as being related to the fires throughout the village, ad the crowd members begin to talk louder over each other. One of them yells something, and a small fight starts in the back of the crowd. However, they are quickly hushed by nearby commoners when Xijin steps up to the stage.
“As the former leader of the Asura, I as a person am deeply saddened by the deaths of some of the proud people that have served our everyone here well. This is why I have decided to step down as the leader of the Asura as I have seen that I’m not worthy of the power that is the family leader anymore.
With this news of my stepping down as the Asura leader, I will describe that all of the Asuran guards, miners, and Jookun that have died in that accursed mine were very good people with families that will no longer see the faces of their fathers that have died for their cause to help the village. Our own home that we so hard trying to make it into a better place that we can properly see the future of our own children having a wondrous life as adults with their own families to set upon the foundation as the people of the present should create for future generations to see as the great village of Frye to required.”
While some parts of this short speech are unintelligible by the crowd, and they mumble in confusion, especially about the last sentence which is unclear, the following action by Xijin is very vivid and memorable as he draws his own sword and pushes the blade into the cobblestones of the stage of the town square, and seals it in with some large rocks and mortar. The commoners see this symbol and will remember it for a long time to come, as the sword remains unmovable on the stage when Xijin steps down.
A member of Elforche then rushes onto the stage, and shouts something vague about this all being the fault of the Elders, who took the mines from Elforche when they were still safe, and then ruined them. The crowd grows uneasy as this reviling continues, until angry members of Ferran and Asura storm onto the stage, dragging the ranting member of Elforche away. The crowd grows restless.
A priest of U'debbha steps calmly forward, and raises his withered hands until the crowd calms down. After this, he says a short prayer on behalf of the village and asks for U'debbha's guidance in the future. The crowd nods in agreement.
A priest of Dabalia steps forward, and makes a short speech about enlightenment and how we must all find our inner selves and the song that is our life. The crowd nods in agreement.
Then Northe steps forward. Many members in the crowd cheer and clap, and Northe raises a hand to calm the villagers. He then opens his speech with his vision for Frye, and how he will always do his best to bring Frye to a better place. The people applaud in agreement. Northe then mentions that he will be holding a special Festival of Life in the Church of Northe this coming month, in honour of those who gave their lives for Frye. All are welcome to attend, and join in on the ceremony of reviling the Dark God.
Northe then beckons into the crowd, and a man clothed in a dark hood with red trim ascends the stage, and removes his hood, revealing Armanus, the former literacy teacher. Many in the crowd silently raise their hands into the air, to show respect. Northe then informs the crowd that Armanus has found the key to banishing the Dark God once and for all, by following the true god, in whom shall all the universe become one. Armanus makes a short introductory speech about Chayrus, the god beneath the earth, to all present, and how all things shall be one in Chayrus, and all who believe are brethren and followers. He then informs the village that in order to truly defeat the Dark God, they must unite under the banner of Chayrus with Armanus. Northe then bows on the stage to Armanus, and receives a blessing at his hands. He then informs the crowd that Armanus will be making another speech at the Festival of Life at the Church of Northe in the coming month, and that all are welcome to attend. The crowd cheers and applauds.
With that, the funeral service ends, and the villagers and family members return to their homes.
New Issues:
1. Loforz, the U'debbhaian Village Elder, has stepped forward with a law proposal, in which they request a "Festival of U'debbha" to be held, such that all faithful U'debbha'ians can freely gather and publicly worship and evangelise to others in the village. Permission is only being asked to use the village funds to run the Festival. All other aspects will be managed by the U'debbhaian Church in Frye.

Notable Events:
1. Both the Eloquent Oak and the Indigo Ibex are in need of repairs. Since these are the two major inns in town, whoever manages to conduct full repairs first will undoubtedly gain the most business. Also, this is an opportunity for smaller brewers and taverns to recieve a chance at success.

2. A Festival of Life (Not to be confused with the Festival of New Life) is being held in the Church of Northe at the End of the month. The families may or may not wish to make their presence known/felt at this event. However, they were not invited to say any words of any kind, and thus would merely be attending as guests, unless they decided to... act in some way while there.

3. Crime is becoming more rampant in Frye. This could in part be due to organized crime such as Mace and his thugs, the arsonist attacks on the buildings in Frye, and organized robberies, more so than a lack of ability on the Guards' part.

4. The School of Frye is currently lacking a curriculum in History. The other classes don't seem to have any major problems. Students are doing well, but lack a perspective on the scope of the world itself.

5. The Eastern Mine Auction is being held at the end of this month. The Auction is public, and all those with the capability to afford the large cost of a mine are eligible to bid. Those who wish to bid may state their willingness to do so, and how aggressively they wish to bid.
In short, here are the current Issues that the Elders can vote on this month:
1. Elder-funded U'debbhaian Festival, yes or no?

And now the Tenth Month has reared it's head. The weather is becoming colder, and frigid winds blow through the leafless threes of the forest. Autumn is in full swing, and Winter is around the corner. All shall be well with Frye, if those who hold it in their grasp are not foolish...

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Maruki Decision:
1. I see nothing wrong with this festival, so it good on my end. But there must be a official month that this festival should be settled that doesn't interfere with other festivals.
Laws Suggestion from Maruki:

Maruki would like to propose a new law to deal with increased amounts of crimes. I suggest any criminals caught with their first crime that have ever harmed a person "which means petty crimes wouldn't count" should have their hands cut off to allow them to never do their crimes ever done as a fair warning against anyone that tries to danger the innocent.

Maruki would also like to requests for the elders help with the paid with the new training of his guard to better secure the safety of the village and would like requests to improve if any of the elders have suggestions.

Acts of the Month:

The Asura family elections of their new leaders have started with 3 different individuals that Xijin have selected for the Asura family members to vote as per tradition of the family. The 3 individuals are the truthful but experienced farmer that is Notu, the wise Lady Sakuri that have help as the personal teacher to the Asuran children, and finally half-brother to Maruki and is apart of the Asuran guard as second in command is Dioruki. The votes will be collected by Estralia, Xing, and Xijin to read through all of them to get their final result to be reveal at the end of next month.

Maruki as part of the Asuran Guard will agree to the Ferran family request as they seem to have a common enemy that can cost the death of the village if insecure. Maruki does suggest to the Ferran family that proper planning is needed to bring down these rats for good.

Dioruki will begin in search for proper equipment for the in-training guards and would like to ask the Ferran family to help with the equipment that Maruki have given a list for what the guard needed from him to give to the Ferran family.

The Asuran workers will help repair the Indigo Idex as they work to repair any damages costed by the Asuran guards.

Few Asura civilians "people related to Airi" will try to requests for the help of the medicants and the Lew family to come help Airi as best they can.

A few Asuran guards will begin questioning the caught thief why she was trying to get into the other person house and does she have any connections to Mace, but if she is innocent then she is free to go.

The Asuran farmers while have nothing to do with crops will help with the collection of the Asuran horses.

Xijin will visit to the festival of life with his family to complement Northe for the great good that he is doing for the village and be there for his own cousin.

Maruki noticing that the school lacks a history anger him with no belief, Maruki will send of his men to search for a proper history teacher to help with the children and will like this teacher preferably from Asuran blood, but is fine with anyone else.
Last edited by Burger Cat on Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:05 pm

1. No. Religious organizations already have churches

Events:
Bryanna, without saying her name, tells the guards that she stole nothing, and that she thought entering the houses would stop thieves if they thought a place was being robbed

Hire the teacher they found at Donu

Send investigators to the docks to hopefully find out who owned the cloak, talk to people they find in the area

An investigator will return to the general store and ask more questions about the seller of the dagger and cloak, such as a name, and appearance

Send emisarries to Ferran, since they know how to make steel, and ask them about who bought the dagger from them.

A member of Lew to the Festival of Life, who the Medicants haven't met to listen

Members of the family will explore the forest in search of healthy animals since the others are poisoned. Quarantine poisoned animals from the healthy ones

Tell Cisse that maybe Ferran knows who bought the dagger, as that family is the only one who knows how to make steel. Ask Cisse to come to the docks with some soldiers because of mud on the cloak from the riverbed, to help find who had it before selling it to the general store who they bought the cloak from. Tell Cisse about how the person who sold it to the general store claiming to be a noble, at which the clerk was skeptical, but bought it anyway because he was offered a lot of money.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:14 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm
Thus the Ninth Month draws to its end. Much has transpired in this month. A month of recovery, but also a month of turmoil. What shall become of all the ventures that are going on in Frye? Read below...
New Issues:
1. Loforz, the U'debbhaian Village Elder, has stepped forward with a law proposal, in which they request a "Festival of U'debbha" to be held, such that all faithful U'debbha'ians can freely gather and publicly worship and evangelise to others in the village. Permission is only being asked to use the village funds to run the Festival. All other aspects will be managed by the U'debbhaian Church in Frye.

Notable Events:
1. Both the Eloquent Oak and the Indigo Ibex are in need of repairs. Since these are the two major inns in town, whoever manages to conduct full repairs first will undoubtedly gain the most business. Also, this is an opportunity for smaller brewers and taverns to recieve a chance at success.

2. A Festival of Life (Not to be confused with the Festival of New Life) is being held in the Church of Northe at the End of the month. The families may or may not wish to make their presence known/felt at this event. However, they were not invited to say any words of any kind, and thus would merely be attending as guests, unless they decided to... act in some way while there.

3. Crime is becoming more rampant in Frye. This could in part be due to organized crime such as Mace and his thugs, the arsonist attacks on the buildings in Frye, and organized robberies, more so than a lack of ability on the Guards' part.

4. The School of Frye is currently lacking a curriculum in History. The other classes don't seem to have any major problems. Students are doing well, but lack a perspective on the scope of the world itself.

5. The Eastern Mine Auction is being held at the end of this month. The Auction is public, and all those with the capability to afford the large cost of a mine are eligible to bid. Those who wish to bid may state their willingness to do so, and how aggressively they wish to bid.
In short, here are the current Issues that the Elders can vote on this month:
1. Elder-funded U'debbhaian Festival, yes or no?

And now the Tenth Month has reared it's head. The weather is becoming colder, and frigid winds blow through the leafless threes of the forest. Autumn is in full swing, and Winter is around the corner. All shall be well with Frye, if those who hold it in their grasp are not foolish...
[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
1. No, we cannot show support for any single religion.
[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Tannell repairs the inn.

Tannell apologizes for the escaped rat, and explains that it was still in its testing phase.

Start constructing a museum for rare and ancient artifacts.

Tannell finally stops the murder investigation.

Tannell leaves the building's artifacts until they can build a museum.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm

OOC: Interested to join. Idk if I want to play as Elforche, or any other faction/character. Wanted to try other faction as people never play them, but at the same time, want to do a family as Elforche is not controlled now and more familiar with how family works

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Billy5545 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm
OOC: Interested to join. Idk if I want to play as Elforche, or any other faction/character. Wanted to try other faction as people never play them, but at the same time, want to do a family as Elforche is not controlled now and more familiar with how family works
You are more than welcome to join! As in the original post, there is a list of canon characters/groups that you are eligible to play as. If you've read the entire play-through of Burghers of Frye, good on you! That will prepare you for some of the intrigue that Elforche (or the other groups) may be involved in. Some of the characters are involved in an extensive amount of plot meddling, but if you have questions about any of the characters or groups before you choose one, that is absolutely allowed!

Bear in mind that unless the individual you choose to play as is quite wealthy, they will generally be much less able to sway the world on a grand scale than an organization or group that has more resources at their disposal, and thus a group might be a more desirable way to play.

We are still waiting on the Ferran family to post for this turn, so depending how long that takes, you might be able to join and get a turn right away this month already.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:36 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Do the rest of the families know about Mace? If so, the members of Lew at the dock will search for him
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki