0.10.0.Ex (Experimental)

It's work complete, the playtesting forum rides off into the sunset.
Quasar
Site Admin

Re: 0.10.0.Ex (Experimental)

Post by Quasar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:02 am

Here we go, new version:

Hotfix: url (Edit) Didn't work. Download the full thing from the first post instead.

In addition to the fixes mentioned above, this also includes a fix to the temperature and fertility displays in the New World menu, so they match the in-game values, and most importantly, error logging for crashes!

pro3

Post by pro3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:35 pm

The game crashed when ever i try to load into a game. This occurs on both loading a game or starting a new world. It didn't happen before the hotfix. Here the error i get.

NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SpeciesALRE.World.GrassDrawer.ResetGrassEffect(QuadTerrain terrain, HeightMap heightMap, EnvironmentData eData, Texture2D GrassSpriteSheet) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\GrassDrawer.cs:line 254
at SpeciesALRE.World.GrassDrawer.Initialise(QuadTerrain terrain, HeightMap heightMap, Texture2D grassSpriteSheet, EnvironmentData eData, Single entityNodeWidth, Single worldSize) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\GrassDrawer.cs:line 104
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.BuildWorld(GraphicsDevice GraphicsDevice, SelectionSet SelectionSet, String& loadGameFilePath, Int32 seed) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\World.cs:line 223
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 573
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 24

Species, Version=0.10.0.500, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\Users\Dan.DESKTOP-7LIQMVG\Desktop\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease #1)\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease #1)
CultureInfo: English (United Kingdom) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: None | SelectionMode: Creature

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Looks like the hotfix didn't work due to a conflict between the old files and the new ones. That's disappointing. You'll have to download the updated version from the First Post (I've updated the link there).

Hulkninja

Post by Hulkninja » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I love you, merry christmas Qu. This is exactly the present i needed. :D

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:17 am

Thanks to everyone who sent me crash info: I’ve managed to address most of the reported crashes. I’ll upload a more stable version as Prerelease #3 later today.

Bobbyboberson

Post by Bobbyboberson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 am

Predator eats all of the prey and there's no prey left so they died,and only preys left,could you make predators less hungry and more meat in creatures

Bobbyboberson

Post by Bobbyboberson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:07 am

a problem?
ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Ecosystem_Update(GameMouse gameMouse, Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 7139
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(GameMouse gameMouse, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 6328
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 523
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 24

Installation Path: C:\Users\welcome\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa3144.17863\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease #2)
CultureInfo: English (United States) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: Compact_Ecosystem | SelectionMode: Ecosystem

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:14 am

I just encountered a fun little bug, the game crashed before even starting leaving me without a crashlog only a ''microsoft report"

Description:
Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Nope\AppData\Local\Temp\WER27BB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Nope\AppData\Local\Temp\WER368B.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Before anyone asks, I have XNA 3.1 installed.

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Also my computer gives me an error when I try and pull up the meta data pages.
Attachments
my personal hell.png
my personal hell.png (97.44 KiB) Viewed 5684 times
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

docsy

Post by docsy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I can confirm bob's crash is a typical bug, the only crash I've had. when it happens to me the game has been running for a while and I haven't checked the clade diagram in a while, and then while I'm checking the clade diagram it crashes with that same error report. I often let it run idle, so that may more may not be a factor, and I always have it on max speed. I think it's mostly relating to checking things in the clade diagram though.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Ecosystem_Update(GameMouse gameMouse, Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 7139
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(GameMouse gameMouse, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 6328
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 523

Installation Path: C:\Users\Nicholas\Downloads\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease 2)\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease #2)

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 pm

docsy wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:08 pm
I can confirm bob's crash is a typical bug, the only crash I've had. when it happens to me the game has been running for a while and I haven't checked the clade diagram in a while, and then while I'm checking the clade diagram it crashes with that same error report. I often let it run idle, so that may more may not be a factor, and I always have it on max speed. I think it's mostly relating to checking things in the clade diagram though.

Installation Path: C:\Users\Nicholas\Downloads\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease 2)\Species 0.10.0 (Prerelease #2)
I can't say for certain since the bug is so inconsistent about when exactly it happens, but I believe I have fixed it for the official release.

Speaking of which:

speciesgame.com/download