[outdated] Board Rules

Welcome to the population! New organisms can introduce themselves here.
Quasar
Site Admin

[outdated] Board Rules

Post by Quasar » Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 am

Don't worry, they're pretty simple.

Censorship: there won't be any here. If you say something, your post stays there. We might move it to the correct forum or append a 'mods note', but short of threats of violence we won't edit your post. (ie. if you threaten to harm another forum member, we will delete your post and ban you)

Spamming: Posting about and linking to Indie Games you enjoy is more than welcome: that's how indie games thrive. The ideal indie games community is one great big incentuous link-orgy. But that's not spamming: spamming is hijacking threads, posting nonsense with nothing but a link, or turning every discussion you're involved with towards the same topic. Recommendations get you kudo's, spamming get's you instabanned.

Trolling: pissing people off for the sake of pissing people off isn't cool. In fact it's kind of pathetic. Trolling is the second quickest way to get yourself banned, after spamming.

Swearing: if you're going to, either make it inventive or replace the vowels with asterix's. Besides, if you develop a reputation for not swearing it becomes that much more awesome when you do.

mw3modderman

Re: Board Rules

Post by mw3modderman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:26 am

understood.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 am

mw3modderman wrote:understood.
I'm kinda surprised that you are the first to comment on this thread since its over a year old.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

mw3modderman

Post by mw3modderman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:59 pm

AngerDomeAble wrote:
mw3modderman wrote:understood.
I'm kinda surprised that you are the first to comment on this thread since its over a year old.
lol, I felt like being obedient, epic sarcasm :P

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 pm

thanks for explaining :mrgreen:
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Creaturesofhell

Post by Creaturesofhell » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Having hell in my name isn't bad right? Hell is a metaphorical location right?

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:11 am

Creaturesofhell wrote:Having hell in my name isn't bad right? Hell is a metaphorical location right?
its fine besides swearing is allowed anyways so as I understand it you are not breaking any rules.
Don't believe his lies.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 am

Am considering deleting these "Board Rules" posts after reading this article:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ ... ithSo.html
The other day I was taking the train from the Newark Airport back to Manhattan. Besides being in general disrepair, the only thing to read was a large sign that explained very sternly and in great detail that if you misbehaved, you would be put off the train at the next stop and the police would be summoned. And I thought, 99.99999% of the people who read that sign ain't gonna be misbehavin', and the misbehavors couldn't care less what the sign says. So the net result of the sign is to make honest citizens feel like they're being accused of something, and it doesn't deter the sociopaths at all, and it just reminds the good citizens of New Jersey endlessly that they're in Newark, Crime Capital, where sociopaths get on the train and do Unpleasant Things and Make a Scene and have to be Put Off and the Police Summoned.

Almost everyone on the Joel on Software forum, somehow, was born with the part of the brain that tells them that it's not civilized to post vicious personal attacks, or to post questions about learning French on a software forum, or to conduct an argument by criticizing someone's spelling. And the other .01% don't care about the rules. So posting rules is just a way to insult the majority of the law-abiding citizens and it doesn't deter the morons who think their own poo smells delicious and nothing they post could possibly be against the rules.

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 am

Quasar wrote:Am considering deleting these "Board Rules" posts after reading this article:

The other day I was taking the train from the Newark Airport back to Manhattan. Besides being in general disrepair, the only thing to read was a large sign that explained very sternly and in great detail that if you misbehaved, you would be put off the train at the next stop and the police would be summoned. And I thought, 99.99999% of the people who read that sign ain't gonna be misbehavin', and the misbehavors couldn't care less what the sign says. So the net result of the sign is to make honest citizens feel like they're being accused of something, and it doesn't deter the sociopaths at all, and it just reminds the good citizens of New Jersey endlessly that they're in Newark, Crime Capital, where sociopaths get on the train and do Unpleasant Things and Make a Scene and have to be Put Off and the Police Summoned.

Almost everyone on the Joel on Software forum, somehow, was born with the part of the brain that tells them that it's not civilized to post vicious personal attacks, or to post questions about learning French on a software forum, or to conduct an argument by criticizing someone's spelling. And the other .01% don't care about the rules. So posting rules is just a way to insult the majority of the law-abiding citizens and it doesn't deter the morons who think their own poo smells delicious and nothing they post could possibly be against the rules.
But in order to be a law abiding citizen we need rules to follow so we can abide it.
Don't believe his lies.

MrKyurem

Post by MrKyurem » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:04 pm

AngerDomeAble wrote:
Quasar wrote:Am considering deleting these "Board Rules" posts after reading this article:

But in order to be a law abiding citizen we need rules to follow so we can abide it.
Okay. In this situation, I'm going to vote for a new set of rules, which are listed here.

The New Rules (an idea)

1. Use your common sense.

And that's all of them! Phew, that was a lot of work.